ACFM Level 3
Our Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM) level 3 course is designed to address the complexities of a wide range of inspections. Particular attention will be paid to data analysis and the evaluation of results in terms of existing standards and procedures, drawing on candidates’ practical knowledge of materials, fabrication and in-service conditions. This course is aimed at operators who would like to progress to Level 3 ACFM and will be responsible for procedures covering advanced applications.
ACFM Level 3 training at Lavender International covers the following:
- Advanced electromagnetic theory
- The application of ACFM across various industrial sectors
- Creation of custom probe configurations to enable detection in the case of ferrous or non-ferrous materials
- The use of conventional probes, rigid body and conformable arrays
- Analysis of signals from simple and complex defects including in the presence of strong geometrical effects
- The preparation of in-depth ACFM procedures
We can provide ACFM training and examinations suitable to PCN/EN473/ISO 9712 Level 1, 2 and 3 at our facility in Sheffield, UK. The ACFM Level 3 course is 4 days training with 1 day examination.