What is Weld Inspection?
The Weld Inspection training programme provides thorough training and qualification for potential welding inspection personnel who may become involved in the witness, supervision or surveillance of welding inspection activities. It covers theoretical and practical training sessions that link to current industry standards, specifications and codes.
What are the responsibilities of a individual who is certified to Weld Inspection Level 1?
- Have a basic understanding of welding techniques, welding positions, welding consumables, weld preparation and welding drawing requirements
- Be able to visually inspect welded constructions and correctly identify any weld/welding imperfection present
- Understand the need for specifications, codes and standards and the need for acceptance levels
- Verify that joint preparation and fit-up are in accordance with welding procedure specifications and/or work instructions
- Visual inspection of completed welds
- Possess an understanding of the relationship between quality assurance, quality control and inspection procedures