What is Radiographic Interpretation?
The Radiographic Interpretation course only covers the interpretation of the radiograph, therefore is suitable for personnel wishing to only interpret radiographs as opposed to creating radiographs via Radiographic testing.
What are the responsibilities of a individual who is certified to Radiographic Interpretation Level 2?
An individual certified to Radiographic Interpretation Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to Radiographic Interpretation procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Radiographic Interpretation technique for the test method to be used;
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method;
- Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions;
- Calibrate and verify equipment settings;
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures;
- Prepare Radiographic Interpretation written instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below level 2;
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below level 2, and
- Report the results of Radiographic Interpretation tests