Our Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM) level 3 course is designed to address to complexities of a wide range of inspections. Particular attention will be paid to data analysis and the evaluation of results in terms of existing standards and procedures, drawing on candidates’ practical knowledge of materials, fabrication and in-service conditions.
The course will cover:
- Advanced electromagnetic theory
- The application of ACFM across various industrial sectors
- Creation of custom probe configurations to enable detection in the case of ferrous or non-ferrous materials
- The use of conventional probes, rigid body and conformable arrays
- Analysis of signals from simple and complex defects including in the presence of strong geometrical effects
- The preparation of in-depth ACFM procedures
The course is aimed at operators who would like to progress to Level 3 ACFM and will be responsible for procedures covering advanced applications.
The next available course date is 7 – 11 October 2019
Course Duration & Cost
4 Days training + 1 Day Examination
£2,692 + VAT
Trainees must hold ACFM Level 2 certification to progress to ACFM Level 3. In addition to this, the candidate must have also completed the Level 3 basic examination. The work experience required varies from scheme to scheme, please get in contact with the team for further advice.
If you would like further information or would like to book your place, please get in touch with the Lavender team.