Lavender International NDT is an industry leading training school delivering specialised courses and examinations in Non-Destructive Testing to students from around the world.
We are currently recruiting for an NDT Trainer Assessor who is looking to develop the next generation of NDT technicians, supporting the delivery of NDT apprenticeship schemes.
This is a great opportunity for individuals with NDT experience to join a newly established team delivering face-to-face and virtual teaching lessons to individuals on the apprenticeship programmes. The role will also involve providing additional support, advice and guidance to apprentices and employers. We are looking for an individual who will ensure apprentices are progressing in a timely manner and that portfolios and project work are completed in readiness for End Point Assessment.
Full support and training to become an NDT Trainer Assessor will be given as well as opportunities to develop and qualify in new NDT methods. This role will be a full-time position based at home with considerable travel requirements to different employer locations within England.
Applications for candidates who are based in the North, Midlands or South of England are particularly welcome.
Key duties to include:
- Deliver NDT training that provides the underpinning knowledge, and develops skills & behaviours, required by the NDT Standards.
- Support apprentices with the preparation of portfolios, their NDT Project and any other evidence required for the End Point Assessment.
- Support the pre-enrolment, enrolment, assessment and certification processes to ensure learners are undertaking the most appropriate training and that their achievement is well managed.
- Carry out individual assessments of apprentices assignments, portfolio and NDT Project providing feedback and guidance as necessary.
- Rigorously implement assessment guidelines and practices as set out in the EPAO guidance material, and maintain all apprentice records as appropriate.
- Carry out progress reviews with apprentices and employers.
- Work with the specialist Functional Skills Trainer to deliver training that supports the development of Functional Skills Maths and English and provide additional learning support to individuals as needed to ensure timely successful completion in line with apprenticeship standards End Point Assessment Gateway requirements.
- Participate in regular cohort and caseload reviews, standardisation meetings, and CPD events as scheduled ensuring that understanding and industry experience is up to date and relevant.
- Work with other members of the Apprenticeship Team to ensure that a quality and seamless service is delivered to apprentices and employers.
- The candidate must hold either Level 2 in PCN certification in Magnetic Testing, Penetrant Testing, Visual Testing or an advanced NDT method.
- Industrial experience within the NDT industry is desirable.
- Desire to teach and enjoy developing people so they can succeed in their role.
- Self-motivation and organisational skills.
Lavender International is a 100% employee-owned business, meaning all employees can contribute and have their voices heard. Everyone here is responsible for the success of our business, and we have a profit share scheme that benefits all employees.
27th October 2023
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com